Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Take note! Social can .....

I finally arrived to my hotel for the eMA Conference in Atlanta ... after many delays ... air plane ... baggage ... anyway.

I am in the lobby bar having dinner and reading the new addition of LAPTOP magazine, when I over hear a person in their early 50's talking about how "hot" a person that is at least 33 years younger (not legal). PLUS, carry on about their personal life with anyone that would listen. As I finally look over, I see someone I recognized ... not someone I know, someone I have seen. No secret here, they have their picture on every social network possible. Something they were using to promote themselves and their company.

There is a personal responsibility when posting your picture on the net, you never know. It could be the person that was considering giving you business or the person that will make the decision if you were hired or not.

Word to the wise, when managing your personal reputation online, remember to carry it through in person. There is no "employee" or "customer representative" you will be able to blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment