Saturday, October 24, 2009

This week as been all a buzz about ....

Google and Bing announced that they are going to start pulling Twitter and/or Facebook into their search results, so if you do not have your accounts marked as private be ready to have your postings pull up in search results. Read all about it on CMO.com.

Google also announced that it will start pulling audio files into their search results. So, if you don't have video, but have mp3 files on your site, they too will be indexed in Google. Read an article on Wired.com to learn more.

Microsoft luanched Windows 7. I am a XP fan and can not stand Vista. For my work laptop I paid for what Microsoft considers a "downgrade" not to have Vista. My new Dell laptop for home ... I was unable to "downgrade", so we are stuck with Vista. I read a post on Twitter about getting a free "upgrade" to Windows 7, to see if you qualify visit Microsoft's website.

Twitter, Twitter_Tips is a great twitter account to follow. They work hard at keeping up with everything twitter. Here is a great article they shared about 5 Ways You Can Stay Safe on Twitter. Hopes it helps you out.

Few tools to checkout:

Ping.fm - It claims to let users update ALL their social accounts. Will keep you posted on how it works.

Upgraded my TweetDeck and I love it. Thanks for adding the "following" function. Just a warning, if you don't currently use it, it can become addictive.

On perfessional note:

I am getting ready to head off to ATL for the eMarketing Association Conference. If you want to know what is going on, keep up with my blog and/or twitter account. I will be dishing out all the details. A special thanks to Paradise for supporting me!

Soutwind Hospitality luanched their new website and twitter page this week. Congrats to them!

On personal note:

Holding my breath for the Dolphins game .... PLEASE let us win again or at least not be humilated like the Titains were last week playing the Patriots.

NBA has started ... NICE! Hope the Heat can pull something out this year. I know what you are thinking, but I am a "glass half full" type a thinker, well when comes to the Heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment